Game preserves offer interested individuals a hunting experience in habitat which is comparable to that of free-ranging elk, while providing an economically rewarding harvest opportunity to those producers who have appropriate land resources.
- Game preserves allow physically challenged hunters an experience otherwise unavailable to them.
- They serve individuals who are unable to travel to states with free-ranging elk.
- They provide individuals a safer hunting experience.
- They provide a profitable purpose for maintaining large, undeveloped open spaces.
- Natural cover and the large size of the average facility allow a typical hunting experience.
- Harvest of domestic elk, like that of free-ranging elk, is often a necessary process of population control.